2010 Fowkes

Saturday, November 22, 2008

I am a little late in posting this....but we have been in Colorado exactly 1 year! November 11, 2007 was our first day. So this post is my thoughts about being here and whatnot.

When everything happened last year, it was a whirlwind of emotions. I was born and raised in AZ. It was all I ever knew. When Kevin and I were first married, we used to talk about moving out of state. But it never happened. We were very comfortable with where we were. Then when he lost his job, it forced us out of our comfort zone and we had to move.

I was amazed how well the Lord had my family in His hands. We found renters for the house so we didn't have to sell. We found a home in CO in an area that we liked. Kevin found employment in a time when employment was getting scarce. It amazed me and STILL amazes me how my Father in Heaven guided my family. We were blessed.

We moved here and started life. In the Winter I am not sure was the best time, but it is so wonderful to look to the West and see the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Especially with snow on them! It really makes me grateful for the beauty of this earth.

So life moved on for us. We have adjusted and adapted. Things are still rough, but we are managing. I miss my friends and family. It is weird not being able to just stop by Grandmas to say hi. Or walk the stores with friends when I need to run away from home.

I have learned that I have to work harder at my testimony. The church here is spread out. My subdivision is not my ward boundaries. In fact the closet member is over 2 miles away. Very different from what I am used too. I've taken for granted having a church building a block away. I've taken for granted having my Visiting Teachers live around the block. I've taken for grated how the temple was only a 15 minute drive where now it's 30 to 45 mins. I realize how spoiled I was and how I really didn't see how others live when things are not as easy as I had it.

I love my Father in Heaven and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I have had to lean on them so much this last year and with all my worries and stresses, I feel comforted by their love for me. And for that I will be FOREVER grateful!

Happy Thanksgiving! I miss and love you all in AZ!

No comments: